Wednesday, July 19, 2006

100% Pure MicroLive

I know it's been awhile, and I'm sorry about that.

Lately I've been checking out the "Live Revolution" over at www.live.com to figure out what all the buzz is about and to keep tabs on where The Borg are going technology wise for the more main-stream. This, scarily enough, lead me to create a "LiveSpaces" site (currently MSN Spaces, but that will change just like messanger I'm sure).

Now the more I think about this Live stuff, especially in light of Verizon's FiOS initiative I am slowly becoming convinced of a new web revolution, one where some of our old web-dreams will come true. In particular I think that the web will become a very likely place for very rich-client style apps and maybe even a host for XAML/AJAX apps with full rich client functionality available without the pain of Flash and the postbacks of server-side code. Who knows, this may lead to even more unstructured work environment possibilities, though I get the feeling that Europe, Japan, and possibly Austrailia are already there (please comment to me and let me know if they are). Anyways, I don't know whether or not these will be realities until my generation becomes management, however the idea of "flex-work" instead of just "flex-time" seems to answer some of the slave to the job via technology issues of today. Though I think about management, and they just won't want to give up control. It's an intersting though though.

Anyways, let me know what you think.

No comments: